EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that designs and enables agile, customer-centric operating models to help clients improve their revenue growth and profitability. Our delivery model provides market-leading business outcomes using EXL’s proprietary Business EXLerator Framework™, cutting-edge analytics, digital transformation and domain expertise. At EXL, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 26,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), South America, Australia and South Africa. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
The Corporate Development team member will take a leadership role in sourcing, evaluating, modeling, structuring, negotiating, closing and integrating strategic acquisitions that align with EXL’s global strategic growth initiatives. This individual will also be expected to manage banker relationships to source attractive acquisition auction opportunities within US, India, Australia and UK. This individual will also be expected to proactively reach out to generate proactive acquisition ideas aligned to our strategic growth initiatives, reach out to those businesses, conduct an introductory call to assess the business for strategic fitment with EXL growth priorities and harvest top proactive opportunities into sole-source deal execution acquisitions. Finally this role will also assist acquiring business units with value creation and integration design planning.
The core skill sets to be successful in this role involves a strong commercial mindset, ability to manage multiple priorities (sourcing, execution), base market domain expertise and an ability to quickly grasp industry dynamics and company differentiation, strong written communication skills, deep excel modeling expertise, and an ability to make recommendations for senior M&A and management for decision making purposes. This position provides a high level of interaction with senior management and business leaders around valuation, transaction structuring options and also a keen sense or talent and capability fitment for a possible acquisition company with EXL.
1) Work closely and develop deep relationships with business unit leaders to understand their strategy, targeted capability for acquisitions and help the leaders prioritize potential acquisition targets.
2) Understand EXL acquisition priorities and manage banker relationships to source attractive acquisition auction pipeline opportunities matching those priorities within the US, India, Australia and UK. Manage those pipeline opportunities through to decision to proceed or pass.
3) Proactively reach out to generate acquisition ideas aligned to our strategic growth initiatives, reach out to those businesses, conduct an introductory call to assess the business for strategic fitment with EXL growth priorities and harvest top proactive opportunities into sole-source deal execution acquisitions.
4) Structure a bid letter for a target acquisition laying out valuation, key investment assumptions and articulation of benefits of combination for competitive and proactive bids.
5) Collaborate cross-functional and commercial diligence teams to lead all aspects of the transaction through completion and provide transaction report-outs to senior management around progress. Manage the due diligence process and ensure adherence to consistent quality standards.
6) Oversee multiple projects and meet deadlines simultaneously and creative sense to execute with speed and flexibility to achieve desired acquisition outcomes.
Bachelors’ degree required; Master’s Degree with a specialization in Business
Accounting/Finance, Economics or MBA preferred
Must have minimum 3 years of working experience in M&A role in a highly competitive, fast-paced, and dynamic business environment – either in corporate development or investment banking
A hands-on collaborative style of working and a commitment to being a team player is a must with outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
The ability to influence peers and senior leaders across the business, and to inspire, nurture and lead team members.
Ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into actionable strategies to achieve company objectives.
Knowledge of the technology, digital, analytics and services space preferred
Experience operating within s global and geographically dispersed teams and guiding them to success