EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that designs and enables agile, customer-centric operating models to help clients improve their revenue growth and profitability. Our delivery model provides market-leading business outcomes using EXL’s proprietary Business EXLerator Framework™, cutting-edge analytics, digital transformation and domain expertise. At EXL, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 26,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), South America, Australia and South Africa. For more information, visit www.exlservice.com.
The Clinical Trainer is responsible for creating clinical education products and preforming training of clinical staff across the EXL organization. The Clinical Trainer is responsible to oversee the activities of training personnel, and to ensure that training material is delivered via methods that optimize efficient and effective learning. The Clinical Trainer will promote professional development and to help ensure that programs are compliant with regulatory accreditation and client contractual requirements.
•Supervise Training Staff, including Educational Specialists.
• Collaborate with business units to develop appropriate curriculum for all levels of training for Care Management Operations teams. ,
• Facilitate initial and ongoing educational offerings for Care Management Operations departments for employee orientation, skills development, compliance and soft-skills, as needed.
• Ensure staff receive effective training on systems used in the care management programs, including, but not limited to medical management system, phone systems, decision support software and workflow management software.
• Schedule, coordinate and develop new clinical offerings and on-going staff in-services as needed. .
• Maintain education/training files through manual or electronic methods. .
• Research, develop, proofread/edit and design training manuals, documentation, proficiency assessments and other educational/training material.
• Assure checklists are completed for all new hires before being transitioned to hiring department.
• Act as a role model by supporting company objectives; meeting time management and attendance parameters; and facilitating conflict resolution in an effective and supportive manner.
• Collaborate with other EXL divisions to share best practices for clinical operations and training methods; international travel may be required.
• Maintain courteous, professional attitude when working with staff, hospitals, physicians, providers, and health plan clients.
• Provide training on CMS, InterQual and MCG.
• Attend meetings and deliver presentations as requested.
• Develop and maintain a Clinical Preceptor/ Mentoring Program .
• Responds to ad hoc requests for support and analysis.
• Support and perform other duties as requested.
• Excellent communication, writing and grammar skills.
• Detail oriented.
• Working knowledge of Medical and/or Behavioral Health Case Management, Disease Management and/or Medical and Behavioral Utilization Management Medical Necessity
• Ability to verbalize knowledge of CMS, EQRO, NCQA and URAC requirements (high level) in a managed care environment.
• Experience in performing face-to-face and web based large group presentations for adult learners.
• Critical thinking, ease in communicating in formal and informal settings, excellent documentation skills
• Intermediate skill level working with InterQual, MCG and ASAM clinical sets.
• Excellent computer skills with multiple software programs including but not limited to MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to analyze information and convert related activities into a comprehensive work plan.
• Associate degree required, Bachelor’s degree in health sciences preferred.
• LPN or RN with current, unrestricted license required
Work Experience Requirements:
• Minimum five years managed care clinical experience
• Experience developing curriculum
• Minimum three years’ health care related staff education and training experience preferably teaching Utilization Management, D-SNP, Complex Case Management and/or Disease Management in a Managed Care Organization or delegated entity