Why join EXL?
At EXL, we’re more than just an analytics, operations management, and technology Company. We focus not only on our outstanding Team Members, but on our growing industry as well.
Headquartered in NYC, EXL has more than 27,000 professionals situated in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, Latin America, and South Africa.
Our EXL Team Members receive the benefit of:
Valuable Compensation Package:
Comprehensive Health & Welfare Benefits:
Inviting Culture & Team-Oriented Philosophy:
As a Disability Behavior Health (BH) Subject Matter Expert, you will perform review of BH files and BH consults. You will need the knowledge and skills to conduct thorough investigations of disability claims. This is a fast-paced job where attention to detail counts. The BH TeamMember will have direct impact on claimant health, well-being and sense of security. This person must have the ability to make effective decision and communicate decisions within tight time frames, while integrating knowledge of mental health and medical conditions, and corporate compliance are critical for success.
Issue Resolution: Investigates and resolves issues as required.
As a BH Disability Team Member, You Are Responsible for:
• Having direct communication with various medical professionals to gather information regarding the BH claim for, short-term, long-term and rehabilitation disability benefits.
• Support and promote all integration initiatives.
• Handle potentially inbound correspondence from medical professionals. There correspondences maybe via written, faxed and/or emails response of the request for medical records.
• Work to facilitate return to work assessments.
• Network with both claimant and physicians to gather medical records, labs, diagnostic test and any other pertinent medical requests for review and ongoing evaluation of medical information.
• Delivery of clients expectations outlined in the scope of work (SOW).
• Adherence to standard timeframes for processing email, tasks and outliers as outlined in the scope of work.
• Understand Operations and Corporate Compliance, Policies and Procedures and Best Practices.
• Stay abreast of ongoing trainings associated with role and business unit objectives.
• Respond to all telephonic and email inquiries within client service protocols (SOW) in a clear, concise and timely manner.
• Other duties as outlined by leadership.
Education: (minimum requirement)
Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Bachelors’ Degree in Counseling or Clinical Psychology or a related field of study.
Must be currently licensed in your current state as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC)
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a minimum of a Bachelors’ Degree in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling or related field
Work Experience Requirements:
Work experience in Behavioral Health with the understanding of Long Term Disability and Short Term Disability.