Why join EXL?
At EXL, were more than just an analytics, operations management, and technology Company. We focus not only on our outstanding Team Members, but on our growing industry as well.
Headquartered in NYC, EXL has more than 27,000 professionals situated in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, Latin America, and South Africa.
Our EXL Team Members receive the benefit of:
Valuable Compensation Package:
Comprehensive Health & Welfare Benefits:
Inviting Culture & Team-Oriented Philosophy:
The Intake Coordinator is responsible for providing non-clinical support and exceptional customer service to at least one client. This would primarily include answering and responding to all inbound calls and faxes from providers regarding both inpatient and outpatient referrals, as well as creating the initial authorization for services received via phone, fax or other medium. This position requires subject matter knowledge in multiple processes and programs. Responsibilities include attending and understanding scheduled trainings on customer accounts as well as client and internal systems.
This role includes collaboration with the Clinical Review team to ensure turnaround times are met for clinical and non-clinical determinations. Intake Coordinators must make certain that all required data elements are captured in the clinical information management system. This includes special attention to HIPAA compliance, data quality and client satisfaction while engaged in a telephone conversation.
This is a full-time position that requires schedule flexibility to maintain customer satisfaction. Changes in schedule may include work hours and workdays according to business demands as defined by company policies and procedures.
This position is subject to mandatory paid overtime based on business factors that may change periodically. This position may only conduct activities related to the collection and transfer of non-clinical data.
Shift (1): Wednesday – Sunday: 3:30pm – 12:00am
Shift (2): Sunday 8:30am – 5:00pm Monday - Thursday: 9:30am – 6:00pm
Shift (3): Sunday, Monday, Friday, & Saturday: 12:00am -10:30am
● Delivers professional customer service to members, providers, and clients in accordance with all policies and procedures.
● Performs all administrative functions as required in contractual agreements with our clients.
● Maintains or exceeds minimum performance standards including accuracy, call metrics, productivity metrics, attendance, and customer satisfaction. Must also maintain quality scores of 95%.
● Maintain knowledge of current policy and procedure information by self-study of corporate resources and attending scheduled trainings.
● Requests required clinical information to perform clinical reviews, complete discharge planning, as well as process faxes and letters.
● Perform general intake requests while accurately selecting the appropriate member, verifying eligibility, as well as locating and verifying providers and processing referral notifications.
● Provides timely outbound authorization notifications per client and plan requirements as well as preparing and delivering timely outbound review determinations with notifications to providers.
● Ensuring quality service delivery, understanding of applicable policies and procedures; and maintenance of minimum performance metrics both individually and as a team.
• Accountable for creating and fostering a team environment through participation in team activities; individual morale; willingness to pitch in and to be a part of the solution. Building Customer Loyalty, Contributing to Team Success, Continuous Improvement, Tenacity.
• Other duties as assigned.
● Ability to multitask; demonstrate ability to type 40 words per minute with accuracy while engaged in a telephone conversation.
● Proficiencies with basic computer skills to include how to navigate and access various programs including Microsoft and Google applications.
● Must be an effective communicator, both written and verbally – able to clearly articulate information to members, providers and facilities.
● May require flexibility; must be willing to accept changes occurring in a dynamic environment
● Knowledge of behavioral health levels of care, diagnoses, and procedure codes preferred
● Ability to remain calm and deliver excellent customer service to distressed callers
● Regular, dependable attendance
High School Diploma or GED required.
Two years of advanced education/college or graduation from an accredited business school highly preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum one year health insurance environment experience required. Experience in So Behavioral
Health managed healthcare environment required. Call center experience with crisis lines required.
Multiple systems use; recent managed care; physician office; community mental health center or
behavioral health provider (counselor, psychologist, psychiatrist) office; hospital business office or
health care industry background in customer service desired. Knowledge of medical and/or behavioral
terminology is required. At least one year in a metric based call center is required.