Why join EXL?
At EXL, were more than just an analytics, operations management, and technology Company. We focus not only on our outstanding Team Members, but on our growing industry as well.
Headquartered in NYC, EXL has more than 27,000 professionals situated in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, Latin America, and South Africa.
Our EXL Team Members receive the benefit of:
Valuable Compensation Package:
Work-Related Expense Reimbursement
Annual Discretionary Bonuses
Team Member Referral Bonuses
Comprehensive Health & Welfare Benefits:
Group Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
Generous Paid Time Off, Sick Days and Holiday Pay
Group Life Insurance, LTD and 401k Retirement
Inviting Culture & Team-Oriented Philosophy:
Exciting Work Environment
Casual Dress Code
Monthly Team and Company Events
Team Member Appreciation Awards
Remote, Home-Based Opportunities
Opportunities for Upward Mobility
The Manager of Contact Center Operations and Process Excellence provides day-to-day professional, technical and managerial support to teams providing inbound and outbound electronic and voice communications as part of the Care Management programs. The Manager of Contact Center Operations will oversee the daily functioning and productivity of non-clinical staff. This position is a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in projects related to process improvements, system enhancements, system integration and outcome measures and will continually assess opportunities for efficiency. The Manager of Contact Center Operations and Process Excellence may also serve as the liaison to operational business unit leaders whose respective teams provide services to clients. This role is a combination of account management support, project management and program operations management.
*This position may not conduct any activities that require evaluation or interpretation of clinical information.
• Provides feedback on the design, maintenance, and performance of non-clinical Care Management support staff on site or at various company work sites.
• Provides the day-to-day professional and technical support to ensure compliance with policies and procedures, contractual obligations and regulatory requirements for all Care Management programs.
• Works with Care Management programs to develop and implement outbound call campaigns to support enrollment and participation in care management programs.
• Works collaboratively with the Process Excellence team to identify opportunities for improvement through review of data, performance monitoring and outcome reporting.
• Serves as the SME on IT/BPI projects related to operational processes, outcomes and goals.
• Serves as liaison between Care Management business units and the Process Excellence team to provide updates on projects, facilitate communication and drive for results.
• Coordinates with IT/BPI teams to engage business units in projects, including process design, development of requirements, and testing of new technology.
• Communicates program policy changes, development and company updates to respective staff, supporting the business decisions while implementing the necessary adjustments by staff members.
• Maintains and promotes expertise in traversing the HI/EXL Care Management products, including client specifics, by ensuring staff conduct activities in accordance with client demands and EXL contractual obligations.
• Ensures day-to-day operational compliance with URAC and NCQA accreditation standards and all associated State and Federal regulations, as applicable to non-clinical staff.
• Provides regular feedback regarding staff training and/or other educational needs.
• Performs reviews and audits on staff performance to ensure compliance with departmental policies and procedures, quality improvement activities, HR standards and client needs.
• Works with all EXL staff and departments in a cooperative, goal-directed manner to achieve company and departmental goals.
• Assists clinical/professional staff as needed with problem solving related to difficult situations and patient specific issues.
• Works to ensure effectiveness, quality, productivity and profitability in all programs.
• Provides orientation to new staff and assists with education and training as needed.
• Coordinates schedules of permanent, part-time and temporary non-clinical staff including team leads and supervisors.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Promotes working relationships that support the growth and success of staff members.
• Identifies potential intradepartmental personnel problems and issues proactively and readily utilizes HI/EXL HR policies and procedures to facilitate resolutions.
• Conducts staff performance reviews in a consistent, accurate and timely manner consistent with HI/EXL policies and procedures.
• Maintains a team approach in writing, delivering and evaluating performance and implementing corrective actions by utilizing the expertise of Human Resources.
Customer Service – Internal:
• Promotes a positive working environment.
• Identifies, communicates and resolves potential intradepartmental personnel/peer problems and issues proactively, readily utilizing the HR Manager, and when appropriate managerial staff, as resources.
• Actively participates in team meetings and departmental meetings.
• Ensures that licensed health professionals are readily available to answer questions and non-clinical staff is performing within the scope of the non-clinical role.
Customer Service – External:
• Willingness to travel and attend various client facing meetings.
• Communicates and collaborates in a courteous, professional manner with patients, client/health plans, and all members of the multidisciplinary health care team on all initiatives.
• Effectively resolve issues and communicates appropriately and according to HI/EXL policies and procedures, and/or regulatory requirements with the practitioner(s), provider(s), and patient/patient’s legally appointed representative.
• Participates in client-related meetings as directed.
• Effectively identifies opportunities for intervention.
• Lead and support corporate initiatives as directed.
• Direct and /or assist in the investigation and implementation of operational systems.
• Drive development of policies, procedures and processes that support operations excellence.
• Set overall strategy and direction for direct reporting business units.
• Make hiring and separation decisions as required
• Lead, mentor, coach and assess the performance of all direct reports.
• Relationship build with HI/EXL clients which may involve travel as well as frequent meetings.
Position Competency Criteria:
• Demonstrating zeal for additional information, knowledge, and experiences; regularly seeking and capitalizing on learning opportunities; quickly assimilating and applying additional information.
• Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
• Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge / skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
• Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
• Presenting ideas effectively to individuals or groups when given time to prepare; delivering presentations suited to the characteristics and needs of the audience.
• Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
• Knowledge of the Utilization / Case Management process;
• Familiarity with NCQA and URAC accreditation standards and CMS requirements;
• Project Management experience, experience managing 2-3 multi-departmental projects with successful outcomes;
• Ability to work in a cross-matrixed environment with responsibilities to multiple leaders;
• Medium to expert knowledge of work force management strategies used in a call center environment for phone and non-phone work flows;
• Able to make metric driven decisions to improve work performance and outcomes;
• A natural communicator; broad understanding of Medicare and Medicaid rules and their application to health plans;
• Ability to work successfully in the face of multiple demands and competing priorities;
• History of maintaining a courteous, strong working relationship with the customer/client;
• Able to effectively use Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Outlook, Word and Power Point;
• Ability to use data to analyze problems, provide solutions and collaborate to implement measurable outcomes;
• Able to develop operational tools or enlist resources when opportunities for improvement are identified;
• Able to evaluate program progress and/or identify problems or concerns and develop successful resolutions;
• Able to develop relationships with a wide range of individuals and organizations;
• Able to follow organizational policies and procedures, government laws, regulations, and guidelines;
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
• Able to work independently and make decisions
• Regular, dependable attendance.
• BA/BS Degree in a Health-related field is preferred, or equivalent work experience.
• High School diploma is required.
• Lean Six Sigma certification or willingness to achieve within one year.
Work Experience Requirements:
• Three plus years of health plan/population management/managed care program experience;
• Two- three years supervisory experience of non-clinical staff;
• Experience working in a managed care or payer environment preferred;
• Experience with medical claims reviews, utilization management and /or case management;
• Experience with Medicare/Medicaid populations;
• Three plus years of experience in call center and/or contact center operations in a leadership role;
• Experience with metric driven performance management tools