Senior Data Scientist
EXL (NASDAQ:EXLS) is a leading operations management and analytics company that helps businesses enhance growth and profitability in the face of relentless competition and continuous disruption. Using our proprietary, award-winning Business EXLerator Framework™, which integrates analytics, automation, benchmarking, BPO, consulting, industry best practices and technology platforms, we look deeper to help companies improve global operations, enhance data-driven insights, increase customer satisfaction, and manage risk and compliance. EXL serves the insurance, healthcare, banking and financial services, utilities, travel, transportation and logistics industries. Headquartered in New York, New York, EXL has more than 24,000 professionals in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia (primarily India and Philippines), Latin America, Australia and South Africa.
EXL Analytics provides data-driven, action-oriented solutions to business problems through statistical data mining, cutting edge analytics techniques and a consultative approach. Leveraging proprietary methodology and best-of-breed technology, EXL Analytics takes an industry-specific approach to transform our clients’ decision making and embed analytics more deeply into their business processes. Our global footprint of nearly 2,000 data scientists and analysts assist client organizations with complex risk minimization methods, advanced marketing, pricing and CRM strategies, internal cost analysis, and cost and resource optimization within the organization. EXL Analytics serves the insurance, healthcare, banking, capital markets, utilities, retail and e-commerce, travel, transportation and logistics industries.
Please visit www.exlservice.com for more information about EXL Analytics.
Senior Data Scientist will be responsible for leading the design and development of analysis models for a variety of purposes: the reporting of claims, authorization, and member eligibility data; understanding value propositions; developing insight into member and provider performance and the variables affecting performance. The ideal candidate for this position will come from a healthcare background and is a proactive thinker, self-starter, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment with the ability to work independently
· Lead the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools.
· Conduct independent analysis to gain insights into business problems and present findings and advise client on next steps to achieve project objectives.
· Provide project leadership to data science team by creating appropriate analytical frame works and aligning team to project goals.
· Solves moderately complex analytical problems.
· Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions. Explores, examines and interprets large volumes of data in various forms.
· Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve moderately complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses.
· Develops data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
· Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and support business decisions.
· Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data.
· Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, detailed set of results and analytical metrics
What we offer: