Why join EXL?
At EXL, were more than just an analytics, operations management, and technology Company. We focus not only on our outstanding Team Members, but on our growing industry as well.
Headquartered in NYC, EXL has more than 27,000 professionals situated in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, Latin America, and South Africa.
Our EXL Team Members receive the benefit of:
Valuable Compensation Package:
• Competitive Wages
• Work-Related Expense Reimbursement
• Annual Discretionary Bonuses
• Team Member Referral Bonuses
Comprehensive Health & Welfare Benefits:
• Group Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
• Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
• Generous Paid Time Off, Sick Days and Holiday Pay
• Group Life Insurance, LTD and 401k Retirement
Inviting Culture & Team-Oriented Philosophy:
• Exciting Work Environment
• Casual Dress Code
• Monthly Team and Company Events
• Team Member Appreciation Awards
• Remote, Home-Based Opportunities
• Opportunities for Upward Mobility
The Correspondence Coordinator I is responsible for processing all Utilization Management (UM), Case Management (CM), Disease Management (DM) and Multichronic Care Management (MCCM) letters and ensuring that they are accurate prior to releasing for fulfillment. This position requires constant monitoring of client systems for updates and awareness of all technical equipment functioning and reporting of any service delays according to EXL processes.
All staff in the department are cross trained and required to know each clients’ requirements according to the department’s operational manual.
· Demonstrates an ability to facilitate both medical and behavioral health reviews in coordination with physician consultants.
· Demonstrates the ability to monitor and ensure all letters meet our contractual, CMS, or accreditation agencies service level agreement (SLA)
· Researches and responds to the need for additional information for all medical and behavioral cases received.
· Organizes and prioritizes a variety of administrative job tasks in the order of importance and understands the impact it may have on members and providers.
· Works independently to ensure 100% accuracy of all communications and processes.
· Demonstrates ability to handle majority of processes in department.
· Provides clerical support as preparing correspondence/filing/faxing/reports/mail.
· Provides a high level of quality in customer service.
· Acts as a role model for peers.
· Ability to process requests of individual clients’ standards and special case handling requirements.
· Accountable for knowing and keeping standards in compliance.
· Coordinates written communication to the Utilization Management department.
· Develops and presents ideas for performance and process management improvement within the department.
· Retrieves files and other support materials for client audits.
· Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor of Correspondence.
· Supports a positive working environment.
· Identifies and resolves potential personnel/peer problems and issues proactively with Supervisor.
· Communicates with the Correspondence Supervisor on all problems, issues and/or concerns as they arise.
· Maintains a courteous and professional attitude when working with all EXL staff members and the management team.
· Actively participates in team meetings.
• Must have demonstrated excellent computer skills. Skilled in operating many types of business machines (computers, copiers, scanners, faxes, etc.)
• Proficient in utilizing PDF documents and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio). With the ability to produce spreadsheets and Visio
• Able to quickly grasp and implement newly acquired knowledge of any company correspondence managed care software platforms
• Able to demonstrate proficiency in various client managed care software platforms
• Able to type 50 words per minute with at least 95% accuracy
2. Communication Attributes:
• Demonstrated strong/accurate documentation skills
• Attention to detail critical
• Able to demonstrate excellent English language proficiency skills and put skills into practice: spelling, grammar, syntax, punctuation
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers, clients and providers
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated willingness to accept new challenges such as master new accounts
• Ability to work effectively to meet departmental goals with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle multiple assignments, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Self-directed with strong organizational skills
• Highly motivated/initiative
• Team player a must
• Excellent telephonic customer service skills and ability to troubleshoot calls
• Responsiveness to internal and external customers
High School Diploma required.
Associates /Bachelor’s Degree in administration or a healthcare services field preferred or three years of managed care experience.
Work Experience Requirements:
• Position requires basic knowledge of medical and behavioral health terminology.
• Knowledge of Utilization Review Accreditation Commission (URAC), National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA), CMS, HIPAA compliance standards and the implications inherent in the handling of PHI information.
• Three years practical work experience: preferably exposure to a managed care environment, physician’s office, hospital business office, or a medical/behavioral health services environment