EXL Service (EXL) is a leading business process outsourcing firm. Specializing in Insurance and financial services, we provide innovative business solutions that empower clients with a competitive advantage, enabling them to focus on their core activities. We deliver high quality products and services with our highly motivated and qualified team who are focused on exceeding client expectations.
* The product owner will utilize their strong business skills and experience to manage their team’s intake of work, as well as prioritize delivery and maximize business value being delivered by their Scrum team. In addition, they must be able to work collaboratively as part of a larger technology organization empowered to deliver innovative solutions to the marketplace.
• Operates as a leader of team(s) responsible for maximizing the return on investment of development effort
• Responsible for working with lead business/product stakeholders on defining, refining and communicating the product vision
• Responsible for working with internal and external customers and end users to define product features that address customer business needs and return value
• Responsible for grooming the backlog and applying prioritization that defines the order in which scrum team consumes work
• Communicate business and customer value to the team
• Works closely with Agile team members, particularly the Agile Business Analyst, and is the final arbiter of requirements conflicts and/or questions
• Works to define the acceptance criteria for user stories
• Accepts/rejects the delivered code from within each Sprint
• Work with customer stakeholders to facilitate customer acceptance testing of project releases
• Responsible for making ongoing decisions to continue development down the current path
• Makes the final decision whether or not to ship product to customers
• Often contributes as a team member performing other roles within the team, as needed
• Communicate portfolio and project updates to business stakeholders
• Performs demos of product (in progress and completed) to internal and external stakeholders