Why join EXL?
At EXL, were more than just an analytics, operations management, and technology Company. We focus not only on our outstanding Team Members, but on our growing industry as well.
Headquartered in NYC, EXL has more than 27,000 professionals situated in locations throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, Latin America, and South Africa.
Our EXL Team Members receive the benefit of:
• Competitive Wages
• Work-Related Expense Reimbursement
• Annual Discretionary Bonuses
• Team Member Referral Bonuses
Comprehensive Health & Welfare Benefits:
• Group Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
• Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
• Generous Paid Time Off, Sick Days and Holiday Pay
• Group Life Insurance, LTD and 401k Retirement
Inviting Culture & Team-Oriented Philosophy:
• Exciting Work Environment
• Casual Dress Code
• Monthly Team and Company Events
• Team Member Appreciation Awards
• Remote, Home-Based Opportunities
• Opportunities for Upward Mobility
The Intake Coordinator Supervisor oversees intake staff in order to assure accurate and timely distribution and assignment of work to the clinical teams (prior authorization requests, referral requests, hospital notifications or claims), and acts as liaison for the clinical teams in order to ensure the uninterrupted team workflow.
• Supervision of personnel functions for the Medical Management Intake Coordinator team, including reporting of production goals, monitoring of attendance and punctuality, providing routine performance feedback, leading departmental meetings, administering disciplinary measures, and participating in annual performance evaluations.
• Coordinates work across teams to ensure functional department workflow, as well as ensuring consistent application of company personnel policies for the Intake Coordinator team within Medical Management.
• Ensures report generation for productivity and activity tracking is accurate and complete.
• Reassigns work for team as required.
• Answers telephone and email questions from clinics and acts as liaison for the geographic team related to clinical issues and assigns as appropriate.
• Acts as liaison to other departments to ensure uninterrupted team/department flow.
• If assigned, coordinates performance measures:
o Collects monthly department data (e.g. cost savings)
o Develops tracking systems
o Creates graphic data displays (e.g. QI outcome measures)
• Works in production as Intake Coordinator less than 20% of time (evaluating requests, entering data, communicating with provider offices, and other Intake Coordinator duties as needed.)
• Performs other duties and participates in projects as assigned.
• Maintains letter templates and forms.
• Develops and maintains team Desk Procedures.
• Supports Quality improvement efforts.
• Monitors and reports attendance, turn-around time (TAT), productivity & quality of work for administrative team of intake coordinators.
• Ensures daily assignment of work duties of the administrative team meets team requirements for data entry, TAT, and facilitates work assignments to clinical queues.
• Works for rapid and effective resolution of claim irregularities and customer service issues.
• Other duties as assigned.
· Excellent customer service skills (both internal and external customers) including the ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds in a respectful and courteous manner at all times.
· Ability to prioritize, organize and complete daily work both independently and with team members with routine supervision.
· Ability to cope well under stressful situations.
· Flexibility and ability to follow through on assignments without continuous supervision.
· Knowledge and experience operating office machines (e.g. copier, postage machine, or fax).
· Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access (for data entry).
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to collaborate across teams and departments and to communicate to leadership level staff.
· Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality.
· Ability to evaluate and improve workflow processes.
High School Diploma or GED required.
Applicable college level education preferred.
Work Experience Requirements:
Minimum of one year of lead or supervisory experience preferred, including performance
Minimum of three years of care coordination, utilization management and/or intake coordination required.
Managed care environment experience preferred.
Experience with coding and/or claim review preferred.